The Automotive Manufacturers and Importers Association – APIA – was established in 1994 and today gathers the most important companies operating in the automotive industry: manufacturers, importers of motor vehicles, as well as other reputed companies acting in the field of spare parts, accessories or lubricants.
Starting with the year 1996, APIA is a full right member of the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers – OICA, forum of the world motor vehicle manufacturers. In 1997 and 2011, APIA had the honor to host in Bucharest the OICA General Assembly.
In support of the mission to serve its members’ interests and objectives, APIA carries on a series of diversified activities, the most important ones being:
- To represent its members in front of the authorities and the state institutions;
- To promote legislative initiatives to support and stimulate the production and trade of motor vehicles;
- To represent the Romanian manufacturers and importers in front of the competent international bodies and mainly to the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers – OICA;
- To represent OICA in Romania and to keep in touch with partner organizations in other motor vehicle manufacturing countries;
- To organize the Bucharest International Motor Show – SIAB and other automotive related events;
- To edit automotive statistics, automobile prices catalogues and other automotive related documents;
- To organize conferences, seminars and other reunions related to motor vehicle issues;
- To provide specialized consulting both for its members and other Romanian or foreign companies running activities in the automobile field.